|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency|
|Work Site: ||Emergency, Pemberton Health Centre - Pemberton, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Emergency at Pemberton Health Centre!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Emergency team at the Pemberton Health Centre in Pemberton, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse you will:
- Use clinical judgement skills to diagnose and treat the patient, resident, client and significant others' responses to actual or potential health conditions.
- Assess, monitor, detect, plan and take appropriate action to prevent potential complications associated with specific health problems and/or medical treatments of the patient.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to standards of professional nursing and patient care practice in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Education & Experience
Graduate of an approved nursing program.
Completion of a post graduate program in clinical speciality and up to two years’ experience or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- RN first call, Current ACLS and NRP.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to implement the nursing process and use clinical judgement.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to instruct and direct the work of others.
- Time management and organizational abilities.
- Working knowledge of computers and their application preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR.
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate related healthcare equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.