|Job Title: ||Transition Services Coordinator (RN) - Nursing|
Transition Services, Vancouver General Hospital
Saint Paul's Hospital, UBC Hospital, G.F. Strong Rehabilitation, Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$43.09 - $52.82 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Transition Services Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse with experience in Community Health to join the Transition Services teams in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Transition Services Coordinator with VCH, you will:
- Leads and facilitates acute to community transitions by assessing and evaluating clinical and functional need and coordinating community staff/resources in carrying out the care following discharge from an acute site.
- Be Responsible and accountable for the development and effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards for the transition services program in community care.
- Coaches and encourages acute and community colleagues to embrace new and evolving clinical pathways and practice (Home is Best).
- Plans and facilitates clinical discussions to support safe client discharges with care teams and other health care professionals; advises on the availability and eligibility for community services.
- Makes community referrals based on client needs, urgency and best practices to determine the appropriate treatment; educates and provides consultation to client/family.
- Coordinates transition of clients to residential care, utilizing clinical decision support tools (Inter-RAI MDS) as appropriate.
- Documents and maintains client records and clinical assessments. Participates on committees as directed.
- Coordinates care given by others in an area or unit by way of assigning service priority to various Home Health teams and making/adjusting client/patient/resident assignments.
- Assists in administrative activities and optimal use of program resources.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Five (5) years’ recent, related experience which includes three (3) years in a community health setting, one (1) year experience in quality improvement, research and evaluation activities, and a clinical decision-support tool for severity assessment and discharge (Acute/Subacute/SNF/Rehabilitation/Behavioural Health), experience in a tertiary health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the BCCNM Standards for Nursing Practice.
- Broad knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to patient acuity and bed utilization practices within a tertiary level teaching hospital.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care and discharge planning.
- Broad knowledge of clinical studies methodology and data presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking within clinical and evaluation activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to demonstrate, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated computerized software skills in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, presentations and internet access and ability to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.