|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Surg - Acute Care for Elders / Subacute Medicine |
|Work Site: ||Acute Care for Elders (ACE), Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately August 2023
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as an RN in Acute Care for Elders at Richmond Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join its team in the Acute Medicine unit at Richmond Hospital in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an RN in the Acute Care for Elders unit you will:
- Using a best practices approach, provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for designated acute care for elder patient/subacute medicine patient/client group.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group - Acute Care for Elders/Subacute Medicine including geriatric and chronic disease patient populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology, treatment protocols, and nursing interventions related to common diagnoses and specific clinical situations related to area of practice (e.g. Stroke; COPD; Chest pain/Heart Failure (CHF); Pneumonia;Leukemias; Renal Disease; Liver Disease, Multimodal pain management; Wound Care; Delirium; Dementia; Alcohol & Drug Dependency; Failure to Thrive ).
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnoses and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group (e.g. Respiratory depression/failure; Blood Transfusion;Cardiac Chest Pain/Arrest; Pressure Ulcer (Braden Scale); Delirium (PRISME/CAM); Dementia - both Pharmacological and non-pharmacological (PIECES framework); Genitourinary; Violence & Aggression; Dysphagia; Falls).
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with Oxygen delivery equipment; Ostomy; other care related IVs, tubes, catheters, drains, suctions for patient population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with acute/chronic pain management; Cognitive impairment. Utilizes the Pain Assessment Record to perform comprehensive pain assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of Oxygen Therapy - High Flow 02 and saturation monitoring; VAC Dressing; Insulin Management; TPN (including Intravenous devices); Wound Care; Chest Tubes; Ostomy; Medication reconciliation, transcription and administration (including the use of Omnicell & MAR systems).
- Demonstrated skill in assessing, maintaining, troubleshooting IVs; TPN; Chest Tubes; Ostomy equipment.
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client population including IV, infection control, isolation protocols etc
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.