|Job Title: ||Psychologist B|
|Work Site: ||Operational Stress Injury Clinic - Victoria, BC |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$46.27 - $57.86 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Psychologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Psychologist join the Operational Stress Injury Clinic team in Victoria, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Psychologist at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be in charge of psychological services provided to a section of the facility/program for the designated scope of practice area.
- Complete psychological assessments, provide psychological treatment, and evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of treatment and facilitate education of clients.
- Maintain client records including the documentation of client diagnosis and most effective form of treatment and prepare progress notes and psychological reports.
- Liaise with external agencies and establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Attend clinical/case conferences.
- Provide formal and informal consultations, participate in quality improvement and risk management activities, provide clinical teaching and supervision to Psychology Residents and students and conduct and participate in research.
Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from a recognized university.
- Two (2) years recent related experience in therapeutic, diagnostic and consultation services in the designated scope of practice areas of mental health & addiction services such as experience working with individuals with mental health issues, substance misuse, anxiety and mood disorders and post traumatic stress disorder.
- Current registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia or registration with the College within one year of employment.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s license and possession of a personal vehicle with business insurance coverage when required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Knowledge of psychological assessment, including semi-structured diagnostic assessment.
- Knowledge of therapeutic, diagnostic and consultation techniques.
- Knowledge of treatment, assessment and management of anxiety disorders, post traumatic stress disorder and psychological trauma.
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects) and substance abuse and addictions issues and treatment
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of evidence-based psychological practice.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with clients, families, team members, other groups and community agency personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and supervise.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve and to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.