|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Surg - Complex Activation Medical Unit |
|Work Site: ||Complex Activation Medical Unit (CAMU), UBC Hospital - Vancouver, BC |
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Come work as a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team in the Complex Activation Medical Unit at UBC Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care for the Complex Activation Medical Unit patient/client group.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated patient/client group - Complex Activation Medical Unit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations related to area of practice (e.g. Respiratory; Gastrointestinal; Hepatic; Renal; Cardiovascular; Neurological; Glandular procedures; Vascular; Orthopedic).
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group (e.g. Respiratory - Pneumothorax, Pleural effusions, Pneumonia, COPD; Renal failure; Genitourinary - urinary retention, UTI, renal impairment/failure; Cardiovascular assessments; Neurological assessments; Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)/Pulmonary embolus (PE); Wound care; Vascular bypass grafts; Gastrointestinal - Bowel resection, GI bleeds; Diabetes; Long-stay orthopedic - incision care, skin grafts; Chest tubes).
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with VAC machines; Oxygen therapy equipment; other care related pumps, catheters, tubes, suctions for patient population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with insulin administration, IV therapy, delirium treatment in older adults, acute /chronic pain management, withdrawal. Utilizes the Pain Assessment Record to perform comprehensive pain assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of patients with Resections; Chest Tubes-Chest Drainage Systems; Tracheostomy care; Skin grafts & donor sites.
- Demonstrated skill in Peripheral IV insertion, maintenance; CVC/PICC maintenance; Blood product administration, blood collection, removal; TPN/Parenteral Nutrition.
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client population including IV, infection control, isolation protocols etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.