|Job Title: ||Executive Director, Housekeeping Services|
|Work Site: ||VGH 12th & Oak|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as an Executive Director, Housekeeping Services with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Vice President, the Executive Director, Housekeeping Services is accountable for the leadership, planning, overall direction, and implementation of the support services repatriation initiative, as well as the ongoing management and leadership of Housekeeping Services for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
The Executive Director provides strategic and operational leadership in the identification of changes required to achieve the desired future state, including the effective management of all resources and workflow processes. Ensures that the execution of the Housekeeping Services repatriation initiatives is implemented in a planned, disciplined way, using an integrated project and change management approach. Utilizes advanced communication skills to negotiate, facilitate consensus, and present project charters/proposals to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The Executive Director is responsible and accountable for the ongoing provision of leadership and staff management, planning and coordination of the designated service, that effectively incorporates subject matter expertise and delivers consistent performance to required standards. The Executive Director anticipates major changes that impact services, and plans and implements mitigating strategies. Specific initiatives include strengthening business processes with all stakeholders, partnering with other health authorities, standardization of policies and processes, re-engineering the delivery of Housekeeping services, and active participation on associated committees and/or project teams both regionally and provincially, and on behalf of the organization. Reporting to the Executive Director are the Directors, Managers, and other designated staff that support the effective provision of Housekeeping Services across the health authority.
As an Executive Director, Housekeeping Services with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide strategic and operational leadership in the development and implementation of project goals and objectives for the Housekeeping services repatriation initiative, and in the ongoing delivery of effective and efficient patient and resident support services across Vancouver Coastal Health.
- Provide leadership and direction to teams, sets priorities, assigns work and monitors productivity to ensure teams meet deadlines and objectives. Identifies issues and develops strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team, and to ensure the department continues to meet organizational objectives and needs.
- Act as a primary spokesperson for VCH’s Housekeeping services repatriation initiatives to ensure the organization’s specific needs and requirements are communicated. Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to address issues, share information, and promote partnerships. Collaborates and participates with Ministry of Health, other BC Health Authorities, and provincial and national organizations on industry initiatives.
- Create and establish policies, standards and procedures that ensure operations are compliant with current legislation, regulatory agencies, industry standards, and reflect industry best practices.
- Work with VCH leadership, internal and external stakeholders with regard to Housekeeping operations and service delivery to ensure that optimal standards are established and maintained. Ensures a high level of engagement is maintained with appropriate leadership teams. Develops service level agreements with customer departments ensuring required services are captured and modified as needed.
- Negotiate and define resource allocation, commitments, and deliverables. Establishes priorities, policies, procedures and budgets for the designated portfolio; formulates and recommends annual and future goals and objectives; ensures consistency with industry standards and accreditation bodies; identifies variances from approved budget and implementing remedial actions where required.
- Develop and recommend organizational structures to reflect the operational needs of the health authority. Determines staff complement for housekeeping services. Provides leadership and stewardship in overseeing support services, ensuring delivery of operational and financial targets are aligned with organization objectives and drive outcomes that deliver enhanced value and quality healthcare.
- Oversee applicable projects and contracts and ensures adequate resources to manage through the life of each agreement. Establishes a timely and appropriate procurement process, negotiating new contracts, providing analysis and recommendations, developing vendor relationships and ensuring all terms of contract are fulfilled, while continually maximizing the value of the agreement, capping costs and increasing the quality and performance outcomes with each vendor.
- Establish services satisfaction monitoring and reporting systems to identify and follow-up on deficiencies in all support service areas.
- Lead & participate in quality improvement processes, by establishing performance indicators and monitoring the evolution of existing initiatives to ensure effective resource allocation. Coordinates ongoing analysis of performance data and directs services in regards to training, education, communication and other strategies to maximize service deliverables and standardized practice.
- Lead in establishing fiscal priorities and resource allocation; coordinates budget development, capital equipment requests; monitors expenditures within established budgets; tracks key performance targets; identifies efficiencies and promotes optimal use of resources; contributes to making recommendations on current and future program/service adjustments.
- Recruit and develop employees within the portfolio. Oversees and participates in the management of human resource matters for the portfolio. Sets performance targets and expectations for team members to ensure objectives are met.
- Be responsible for the application of various collective agreements; provides advice and services as a labour relations resource to direct reports; facilitates problem solving and decision making pertaining to various labour relations workplace issues; works collaboratively with Human Resources leadership and staff accessing their advice and support.
- Participate on various committees, teams and tasks groups and represents the organization at the local, regional and/or provincial level as appropriate.
- Ensure that the Vice President and other executive management is informed of and aware of significant events and/or activities within all internally operated support services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline is required, plus a minimum ten (10) years' healthcare management experience, including five (5) years in a project management related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- PMP certification preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, negotiate, engage, and plan at a senior level, for the implementation and sustainment of quality support services and operations for clients, staff, leaders, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to operate large support service departments and programs either directly through oversight of a management team, and/or via oversight of contracted service providers.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare policies complemented by operations leadership experience.
- Demonstrated ability to actively lead, facilitate and support the use of information in support of system-wide quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to define/amalgamate diverse organizational requirements, develop financial parameters, resolve issues, identify and mitigate operational project risks, and develop long-range plans.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and facilitate consensus with various levels of government and community groups, and to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with business partners as well as other external stakeholders.
- Fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Inspires a shared vision and aligns performance goals and objectives for team and individuals to ensure match with organizational and departmental strategy while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and effectiveness.
- Applies superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effectively to lead and implement change and/or resolve issues/disputes.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a motivating and respectful environment where individual competencies can thrive.
- Uses sound business acumen to develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders throughout high profile endeavours.
- Demonstrates ability to problem-solve with a global perspective in order to incorporate the organization’s systems and strategies when developing viable solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated ability oversee the management of multiple projects from concept to completion within large, complex, multi-site organizations.
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize creativity and innovation in problem solving and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct presentations to individuals and/or groups.
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines and changing priorities in dynamic, political environment.
- Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive reports and develop graphical supporting documents.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related and current software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.