|Job Title: ||Physiotherapist 1|
|Work Site: ||Hospitalist Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital |
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately April 2023
|Salary: ||$35.98 - $44.79 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays; some weekend shifts (approximately 1 in 5) as operationally required
Come work as a Physiotherapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Physiotherapist to join the Hospitalist Medicine team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist with VCH you will:
- Provide physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes, by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform assessments on client’s physical status, functional abilities and needs and goals, establish a physiotherapy diagnosis and prognosis, develop and implement an intervention strategy, evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention, and communicate with the client/family and health care team members.
- Contribute to the organization and delivery of physiotherapy services, and participate in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education.
The Patient Population
As a Physiotherapist in the Hospitalist Medicine Unit at Vancouver General Hospital, you will work with the following patient population:
- Complex patients from a wide spectrum of patient populations (e.g. orthopedic, neurological, elderly, medical and surgical) who require further activation and focussed discharge planning to enable them to achieve their goal of going home
The Nature of your Work
- Your work as a Physiotherapist with the Hospitalist Medicine Unit may include:
- Establishing client-centered treatment plans, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, and evaluating the effectiveness of the plan at regular intervals
- Providing exercise and strength prescription as well as gait re-education
- Discharge Planning
- Working with clients to maximize their physical function, balance, transfers and wheelchair skills
- Gait re-education with the application of gait aids
- Management of the frail elderly patient
- Setting up short-term activation programs which may involve rehabilitation assistants
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
- Basic knowledge of physiotherapy standardised tests and measures.
- Basic knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others in a complex health care environment.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated skill in Physiotherapy techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.