|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Solid Organ Transplant (Pre-Assessment)|
|Work Site: ||Pre-Transplant Clinic, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time - Vacation Relief|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Registered Nurse at Vancouver General Hospital with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Solid Organ Transplant team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today!
As a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Coordinate transplant related services for clients throughout the province, from the time of referral to the time of transplant including assessing client/family needs, performing preliminary assessments and coordinating tests, collaborating with a multi-disciplinary transplant team and identifying and reviewing strategies to meet needs.
- Collaborate with the BC Transplant Society (BCTS) multi-disciplinary transplant team for the coordination of referral and assessment of clients for transplant and the selection of recipients and their transfer to the transplant hospital.
- Participate in coordinating recipient related activities for client activation in collaboration with the health care team.
- Plan, implement and review client education using experience and knowledge of content area and adult education principles.
- Participate on various internal and external multidisciplinary committees as a representative of transplant services.
- Communicate and share information about transplant related services with other health care professionals, agencies and/or community members.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of two (2) years' recent, related experience including one years experience in adult patient education or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Knowledge of the BCCNM standards of practice for registered nurses.
- Knowledge of adult education principles and methods.
- Knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to solid organ transplantation.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate technique, and facilitate learning with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with interdisciplinary team members, clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promote communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, establish workload priorities in collaboration with others and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment, and in techniques appropriate to the education and treatment of clients post transplantation.
- Computer literacy with word processing and patient information systems skills.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.