|Job Title: ||Director, Coastal Community of Care - Sea to Sky|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Director Coastal Community of Care (CCoC) - Sea to Sky with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Director Coastal Community of Care (CCoC) - Sea to Sky to join the People Team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Director Coastal Community of Care (CCoC) - Sea to Sky with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and designated Coastal Medical Directors.
- Be accountable for the overall operational management and strategic direction for designated clinical areas.
- Represent the COC at regional tables, working closely and collaboratively with the rural areas - Sea to Sky (Squamish, Whistler and Pemberton), in the COC, specifically in designated and other clinical areas.
- Establish the operational framework and infrastructure needed to support service delivery and allocates and manages all human and financial resources in their portfolio.
- Provide strategic support in enabling "Home First" and access and flow strategies, leveraging clinical and business tools to support the subjective.
- Inspire and lead the team to ensure that the strategic objectives and operational plans are carried out to provide a seamless, efficient and effective delivery of services within a patient/client centered environment.
- Be values-based and ensure that services are provided in keeping with the vision, values and strategic directions of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Work as team player with colleagues and co-workers in identifying service delivery models and processes the promote the integration of services across the continuum, supporting healthier lives and addressing the needs of the community, while maintaining system sustainability.
- Communicate and collaborate regularly with peer leaders across VCH and in other COCs to ensure consistency in the quality of service delivery.
- Lead or participate in local/regional/provincial working groups/committees to plan new initiatives and provide guidance in the identification of emerging issues and opportunities and influence the development of long term directions, priorities and strategic options to address his/her portfolio issues.
Education & Experience
- Masters degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or related masters degree
- More than eight (8) years’ recent, related experience in a progressively more senior management/leadership role within a large health care setting, including direct supervisory experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Fosters collaboration and effective working relationships with stakeholders that promote cooperative goals and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect
- Inspires a shared vision and aligns performance goals and objectives for team and individuals to ensure match with strategy while maintaining group cohesiveness, motivation, commitment and effectiveness.
- Encourages staff to realize maximum potential by providing an environment receptive to creativity and visionary thinking and actively supporting on-going learning and professional development.
- Applies superior conflict management skills and expertise to persuade and negotiate effective resolution of issues/disputes.
- Anticipates future changes in service delivery and develops transition strategies that optimize resource utilization and ultimately improve efficiency and quality of patient care.
- Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned programs/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.