|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology|
|Work Site: ||Chemotherapy, Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.8 FTE)|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately April 2022
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Oncology with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse with certification in Oncology to join the Chemotherapy department at Richmond Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Registered Nurse in Oncology with VCH you will:
- Work independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide nursing care to clients undergoing chemotherapy and to enhance the quality of the life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers in the identification and resolution of client/family issues, demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice and maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized advanced program in oncology nursing or two year’s recent, related experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Certification in chemotherapy and central venous catheters.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM's standards for nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of CANO (Canadian Association Nursing Oncology) standards for practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages, and side effects of drugs used in a chemotherapy environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a chemotherapy environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the physiological and behavioural aspects of cancer illnesses.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage chemotherapy care.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and interact effectively with clients and their families at all stages throughout the cancer continuum.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and interact effectively with co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate accurately, concisely and clearly in written and verbal format.
- Demonstrated ability to teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to cancer care nursing.
- Skill in the use of monitoring and support equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.