|Job Title: ||Occupational Therapist 2 - Mental Health Housing Services|
|Work Site: ||Mental Health Housing Services, HOpe Centre - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately December 2022
|Salary: ||$37.24 - $46.39 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as an Occupational Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Occupational Therapist to join the Mental Health Housing Services team working out of the HOpe Centre in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As an Occupational Therapist 2 - Mental Health Housing Services you will:
- Plan, develop and implement psychosocial rehabilitation assessment and intervention to clients living in the continuum of supported mental health and substance use housing.
- Travel to various mental health group home/s and related facilities to provide occupational therapy services to clients living in supported mental health housing and enables clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform assessments on client’s occupational performance utilizing an evidence-based approach, plan and implement outcome oriented services and evaluate the effectiveness of the services.
- Provide direction to Mental Health home care staff related to designated client rehabilitation plans and program planning.
- Liaise with housing providers to help determine optimal support and housing options for clients.
- Prepare and maintain records, participate in interdisciplinary research, demonstrate safe and effective resource utilization and quality management, and contribute to the development, review and promotion of occupational therapy services.
- As required, contribute to the organization and delivery of occupational therapy services, and participate in departmental/program quality improvement initiatives, meetings, research and education.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Occupational Therapy from a recognized program.
- Two (2) years recent, related experience in a Community Mental Health setting including addiction intervention or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy theory/practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Knowledge of the COTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of occupational therapy standardised tests and measures.
- Knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to mental health and substance use including addiction intervention and treatment methodology.
- Knowledge of health care and social service systems, as well as community resources, community health agencies, social services, service mandates, and referral guidelines.
- Knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to tenants and their support network.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively with individuals from diverse cultural, economic and social backgrounds.
- Working knowledge in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve, set priorities, resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional.
- Demonstrated skill in Occupational Therapy techniques and the use of equipment/supplies.
- Demonstrated computer skills including computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.