|Job Title: ||Team Manager, CST Patient Scheduling|
|Work Site: ||CST - 590 W. 8th|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible, until approximately October 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays, shifts may include 24hr support, some weekends and on call rotations
Come work as a Team Manager, CST Patient Scheduling with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Team Manager, CST Patient Scheduling to join the CST Project team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Team Manager, CST Patient Scheduling with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Lead and direct all aspects of assigned projects for the designated CST Patient Scheduling Team across Providence Health Care (PHC), Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan.
- Lead and coordinate project activities including financial responsibility for the project and management of resources as deemed necessary to meet the schedule and budget for project deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders at all levels and inspire others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of project vision, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Establish project team and provide supervision, leadership, guidance and support to designated team staff.
- Have projects that involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes. Findings and recommendations have a direct financial and staff resources impact.
- Communicate with all levels of staff and management across the health organizations to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information.
- Liaise with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
About the The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related experience that includes hospital budgeting, managing large-scale projects, and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of varied ambulatory scheduling processes, and the ability to navigate three health organizations and multiple clinic and ambulatory settings and their requirements for scheduling and other related activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of data and data management processes as they apply to ambulatory care and downstream impacts.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Uses sound business acumen to manage the fiscal resources of assigned projects/services in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with overall goals of the organization.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict effectively.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately October 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.