|Job Title: ||Leader, Virtual Health|
|Work Site: ||VGH 12th & Oak|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Leader, Virtual Health with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Leader, Virtual Health to join the Virtual Health team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Leader, Virtual Health with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Lead the planning, clinical policy development, design, implementation, promotion, and evaluation of care delivery transformation that utilizes Virtual Health and enabling technologies to connect care teams (including the patient).
- Manage a team of staff, as well as various project teams, and lead Vancouver Coastal Health through Virtual Health developments and implementations, including proof of concept projects, full integration within clinical operations, and evaluation.
- Ensure developments are clinically led and enabled by technology while maintaining collaborative relationships with clinical leaders, staff, Professional Practice and other relevant stakeholders to ensure quality patient care is maintained and that clinical needs are met.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master's degree in nursing, education, or a health care related field plus a minimum seven (7) years of recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including progressive quality practice, education, project management and leadership experience.
- Current practicing registration with the relevant regulatory college or professional association in British Columbia.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding new trends in Virtual Health.
- Understanding of telehealth and Virtual Health in health care and related implementations throughout large complex health care environments.
- Ability to develop strategy, policy, and implementation plans related to clinical transformations that support the use of Virtual Health technologies.
- Ability to lead stakeholders and guide initiatives to ensure that the use of Virtual Health technologies enhances quality care and patient outcomes and meets clinical objectives.
- Familiarity with current trends and issues relating to Virtual Health technologies and interprofessional practice.
- Demonstrated ability to identify Virtual Health opportunities that promote improved quality clinical care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management practices, methodologies and principles.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and build consensus with interprofessional areas across the organization including clinical leaders, IMIT Services, Professional Practice, physicians, nursing, allied health, Pharmacy.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrates change management orientation in their work and possesses an attitude of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach, facilitate and lead others.
- Advanced competency in project/program implementation, management and evaluation.
- Ability to lead organizational change.
- Understanding of nursing and allied health legislation, statutes, regulations, and professional standards of practice.
- Advanced writing skills and ability to articulate changes in policy and guidelines.
- Ability to manage and oversee staff and budgets effectively.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and related technology.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.