|Job Title: ||Manager, Home Health|
|Work Site: ||Raven Song CHC|
Regular Full Time
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Manager, Home Health with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Home Health Director, the Home Health Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of designated home health services within the context of a Primary and Community Care Strategy. The Manager supervises interdisciplinary clinical care and support staff in designated Community Health Centres/sites and is responsible for the operations, human resource management, budgeting, resource utilization, planning, implementation and evaluation of programs.
As the Manager, Home Health with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Manage an interdisciplinary team and work in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate program/unit strategic direction incorporating VCH vision, values and strategic direction and is accountable for practice integration by interdisciplinary team members
- Lead and address the ongoing issues/needs of clients, patients, their families/carers and the community
- Define an effective workforce plan for program/unit in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrate visible leadership and envelops collaborative partnership to facilitate optimal delivery of services to address client, patient, family/carers priorities which reducing gaps and overlaps.
- Foster partnerships and establishes systems that ensure effective discharge planning, transition to home, and seamless client flow throughout the continuum of care.
- Create an effective workforce plan to meet operational demands and environmental resource constraints
- Make knowledgeable recommendations for budget development
- Promote and develop effective and efficient practices and processes
- Identify services, service gaps, clinical and system processes to improve and or provide maximum program efficiencies.
- Apply effective performance management processes in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Support clarity of roles, adherence to accreditation and practice standards and safe delivery of services/care.
- Participate in leadership groups across VCH to promote consistency and best practice in services and models for the responsible program areas.
- Recommend policy to promote consistency and best practice.
- Encourage partnerships and systems that facilitate optimal population health service delivery, reduce or eliminate health service inequities and promote healthy communities.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses
- Seven (7) to ten (10) year's progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of home health programs.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant departmental policies, provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to home and community care.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with community partners, internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate services that consider client needs, service delivery interrelationship and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources in home health and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, collaborate and negotiate for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Utilizes skill and knowledge in the application of current word processing, spreadsheet and database programs for reporting and business purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative working relationships and supports the ongoing development of staff.
- Utilizes skill and knowledge in the application of appropriate software programs.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.