|Job Title: ||Manager, Homelessness and Supported Housing|
|Work Site: ||520 West 6th|
Regular Full Time
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Manager, Homelessness and Supported Housing with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Director, Supported Housing and Complex Rehab, for the Vancouver Community of Care, the Manager is accountable to lead various high-profile, housing-focused projects and initiatives to further the mandate of the Supported Housing portfolio. The Manager Homelessness and Supported Housing will play a critical role in linking the portfolio with partners both within and outside of the Health Authority. The Manager will work in deep collaboration with colleagues, co-workers and with other stakeholders grounding all work and decisions within a person, client and family centered approach.
As the Manager, Homelessness and Supported Housing with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide overall leadership and direction to project/program team members using effective management techniques
- Communicate project/program goals and strategic direction incorporating VCH vision, values and ensures integration into practice by stakeholders and team members.
- Define an effective workforce plan for programs in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders
- Develop effective and efficient practices and processes to measure use of resources and the quality of care rendered within allocated budget.
- Collaborate in the development of the program/unit budget to complement strategic direction
- Ensures clarification of roles, adherence to accreditation and practice standards, and safe delivery of care.
- Foster partnerships and establishes systems that ensure effective discharge planning from new programs (when relevant) and seamless client flow throughout the continuum of care.
- Create an environment of evidence-based practice that encourages participation in research
- Foster personal growth and supports opportunities for teaching and education of students and staff.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including the ability to communicate with the physician community and with non-profit housing and advocacy organizations.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Is active in their learning around Indigenous Cultural Safety and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Understands and works within a trauma and violence informed approach.
- Understands the sector/landscape of Supported Housing - both for people with mental health and substance use issues and/or with complex physical and cognitive disabilities.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for program/unit and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Promotes development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.