|Job Title: ||Functional Analyst, Business Systems and Integration|
|Work Site: ||590 Finance - 3rd Floor|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible, until approximately November 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Functional Analyst, Business Systems and Integration with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Functional Analyst, Business Systems and Integration to join the Business Systems and Integrations team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Functional Analyst, Business Sytems and Integration with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Leverage business and technical knowledge to ensure that assigned business systems effectively support business strategies, objectives, processes and practices for an assigned business area.
- Be responsible for ensuring that functional Business Systems issues are resolved effectively and in a timely manner and continually look for opportunities to maximize usage of the system to ensure on-going business process improvement.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the designated business area users (Employee Engagement/Human Resources, Scheduling & Timekeeping, Finance, Payroll, Supply Chain, Accounts Payable and Revenue Services, etc) across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC)
- Be considered the acknowledged expert in the designated Business Systems’ modules and work with stakeholders to streamline and standardize processes and implement best practices.
- Work with users to troubleshoot system problems, test system solutions, establish clear lines of communication and ensure clear visibility to critical functional issues.
- Work closely with IMIS team members to address technical issues and work with other corporate departments as well as counterparts in other business areas to mitigate risk around shared elements and critical system dependencies.
- Ensure established operating standards and policies are adhered to.
- Configure system changes affecting system processing and changes to common data elements shared across modules, write queries to pull information from the system and conduct system audits to ensure data integrity.
- Identify opportunities to further take advantage of the system and keep up to date with new and upcoming functionality.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to Analysts as required and provide advice and system recommendations to business area team members and other corporate department stakeholders.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline supplemented by related Information Systems courses.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ recent related experience within a large organization with an emphasis on business systems and reporting an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive experience with complex Business systems, project planning and control are essential.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Expertly applies knowledge of business system modules relating to the designated business area (Employee Engagement/HR, Scheduling & Timekeeping, Finance, Supply Chain, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Revenue Services, etc.) and maintains an understanding of interdependencies with other modules.
- Uses an understanding of business functions and processes in order to enhance business processes and create efficiencies through enterprise application systems.
- Maintains a strong sense of ownership and a results-oriented attitude to continually improve processes and systems, enhance efficiency and contribute to overall organizational success.
- Uses strong communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong communication channels with stakeholders.
- Applies solid technical and troubleshooting abilities in the provision of Business Systems & Integrations support.
- Exercises strong initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes, anticipates opportunities and ensures readiness for future technology changes and enhancements.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately November 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.