|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) Surgical - Clinical Resource Team|
|Work Site: ||Surgical - Clinical Resource Team, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Surgical - Clinical Resource Team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse at Vancouver General Hospital you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned patients/clients working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client care.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a client advocate and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
ABOUT THE CLINICAL RESOURCE TEAM:
The Clinical Resource Team (CRT) plays a vital role in the provision of nursing services to a wide range of patient populations across the acute medical and surgical patient care programs at Vancouver General Hospital and UBC Hospital. It is comprised of full-time RNs whose shifts are assigned to a variety of clinical units to meet appropriate staffing requirements and organizational needs as they arise. CRT staff are valued members of VCH and respond to needs based on patient acuity, replacement for vacancies and other operational needs. Members of the CRT perform a full range of professional dues and provide high quality care to patients. All new CRT team members are set up for success and go through an on-site orientation program, led by experienced health care professionals and educators. CRT provides opportunities to grow your skills and expertise and prides itself on growing and mentoring our nurses.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year recent, related acute medical/surgical experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated surgical patient/client group including but not limited to patients with complex diseases, respiratory therapies, IV therapies, substance abuse & addictions, delirium, dementia, end of life care and nutritional therapies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis/surgeries and clinical situations related to area of practice such as head and neck, gastrointestinal, hepatic, glandular, vascular, orthopedic, thoracic, solid organ transplant, urological/gynecological, plastics, spinal and/or neurologic.
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments & interventions related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated patient/client group such as end-stage liver disease, renal failure, congestive heart failure, pneumonia, diabetes, pneumothorax, pleural effusions, chest pain/MI, deep vein thrombosis (DVT)/pulmonary embolus (PE), skin and wound care, sepsis and/or cardiac/respiratory arrest.
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments and integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of and maintains competency in working with equipment such as negative pressure wound therapy equipment, oxygen delivery equipment, other care related assessment/monitoring equipment, pumps, IV lines, infusions, catheters, tubes, ostomies and/or suctions for patient population.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with acute /chronic pain management/opioid tolerant patients, patients with addictions / withdrawal issues. Utilizes the Pain Assessment Record to perform comprehensive pain assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of patients with resections, pancreatectomies, splenectomies, pleural chest tubes, skin grafts & donor sites, compartment syndrome, organ transplant, urologic/gynecological surgeries, reconstructive surgeries, bone fractures, chest tubes, spinal surgeries and/or neurological conditions.
- Demonstrated skill in peripheral IV insertion and maintenance, CVC/PICC maintenance, blood collection, blood transfusions, TPN/enteral nutrition, tracheostomy care and/or care of various tubes/drains.
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client population including IV, infection control, isolation protocols etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.