|Job Title: ||Nurse (RN) Specializing in Wound Ostomy Continence (NSWOC)|
|Work Site: ||Wound Ostomy, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$43.09 - $52.82 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Nurse Specializing in Wound Ostomy Continence at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nurse Specializing in Wound Ostomy Continence (NSWOC) to join the team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Specializing in Wound Ostomy Continence at VCH you will:
- Provide leadership and demonstrates/applies advanced clinical preparation and expert nursing skills in the provision of care to patients/clients/residents who have skin, wound, ostomy, and/or continence challenges.
- Provide consultation and education to, and works in collaboration with, physicians/nurse practitioners, nursing and other interdisciplinary team members to provide evidence-base care for patients/clients/residents with skin, wound, ostomy and continence concerns.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized Nurse Specializing in Wound Ostomy Continence Education Program or the Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse Education Program.
- Valid BC Driver’s License as local travel may be required; travel may require the use of own personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centered model of care.
- Knowledge of the BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to a patient population.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate staff and patients as individuals and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, patients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the treatment of designated patient population.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.