|Job Title: ||Clinical Educator, Nursing|
|Work Site: ||Short Stay Unit - UBC Hospital, Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.5 FTE)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible until approximatly February 2023|
|Salary: ||$43.09 - $52.82 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Clinical Educator in the Short Stay Unit - UBC Hospital with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Short Stay Unit at UBC Hospital as a Clinical Educator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Educator at UBC Hospital you will:
- Provide clinical education services, including individual and group learning assessments, planning, implementing and evaluating education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge of critical care and adult education principles.
- Coordinate education program delivery and related activities required for progressive educational programs, training and staff development.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with program team, Clinical Education team, and other Educators in the promotion of continuous quality improvement related to educational programming, resolution of clinical education issues; take corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs.
- Participate in strategic planning and assists in achieving team goals and mission by identifying trends and opportunities, setting priorities, consulting and providing input/recommendations, especially as they relate to education.
- Act as a resource for nurses and other health care providers in the Hospital and the community via consultation, inservices and presentations using specialized knowledge of theory and skills in critical care clinical practice; provides direct client care as necessary.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years' recent, related nursing experience in a tertiary-level critical care environment, including one year's experience in clinical teaching and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required. Local area travel may require use of own vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing science theory, and practice within a patient centred care model
- Comprehensive knowledge of critical care nursing practice
- Broad knowledge of hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care
- Broad knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners established by the BCCNP
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and coach
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in approach to teaching
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programs and material
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and patients and their families, either one-on-one and in groups
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader, and facilitator
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to customers
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively and efficiently in emergency situations and guide others in order to deliver quality client care
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Skill in the use of equipment, and in techniques appropriate to critical care nursing practice
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient information system
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.