|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Emergency|
|Work Site: ||Emergency, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time |
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Emergency team at Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Registered Nurse in Emergency at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provides emergency nursing to clients of all ages presenting with a wide variety of symptoms within an uncontrolled environment, and to unique client populations such as victims of sexual assault.
- Assesses client needs and prioritizes care requirements, often with limited information.
- Stabilizes and resuscitates multi-trauma victims, and prepares for and responds to disaster situations.
- Enhances quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care givers.
- Demonstrates expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintains and advances clinical competence.
- Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized advanced program in emergency care nursing or two (2) years’ recent, related experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centered model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM's standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in interviewing and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to emergency care nursing.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.