|Job Title: ||Data and Quality Improvement Coordinator, Renal Program|
|Work Site: ||VGH 12th & Oak|
Regular Full Time
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Data and Quality Improvement Coordinator, Renal Program with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Patient Services Manager (PSM), Renal Program and under the work direction of the Physician Division Head, the Data and Quality Improvement Coordinator promotes and coordinates the integration of evidence-based systems and tools. The Coordinator provides expertise and advice to program leadership to promote the effectiveness, efficiency, accountability and sustainability of information management within the Renal-Haemodialysis Department and to inform program practice, standards, and operating procedures.
The Data and Quality Improvement Coordinator also provides ongoing support, training and expertise to the Renal-Haemodialysis Department end users of the various databases, including the PROMIS database to ensure accuracy and completeness of data and reporting at all renal care delivery sites across VGH
As a Data and Quality Improvement Coordinator, Renal Program working with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Supervise the Nursing Unit Assistant and Medical Office Assistant; schedules/monitors work to ensure accurate/timely completion of tasks, provides guidance/advice and feedback in the performance of work.
- Retrieve and extracts data, analyzes and summarizes statistical information for the purpose of advising and informing leadership on patient and clinical activity, quality improvement, standards and operating procedures.
- Oversee information recording in the provincial and department database(s) and prepares and summarizes reports as directed by the Physician Division Head, PSM and other team members.
- Provide expertise and support to the development, implementation and evaluation of organizational effectiveness initiatives ranging from local activities to redesign initiatives in accordance operational initiatives.
- Develop, implements and evaluates an education plan for quality improvement for Renal.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to individuals and teams on activities such as planning improvement projects, obtaining sponsorship, promoting best practice and teamwork, applying quality improvement methods
- Develop and/or recommend tools and mechanisms to measure, monitor, and evaluate the progress and outcomes of initiatives to improve care and service delivery and service utilization.
- Provide facilitation, coaching and support to teams and those with operational accountability in the development, monitoring and analysis of key performance indicators.
- Provide expert support for data analysis in collaboration with the Medical Director, PSM and other key stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement of organizational effectiveness.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to staff utilizing effective management techniques (such as coaching, mentoring, skill and performance management) to support the achievement of required outcomes.
- Participate in the selection process in conjunction with the Patient Services Manager, investigate work and staff issues, resolve related problems and initiates disciplinary action up to and including terminations.
- Serve as an expert to the Renal Program end users of the various databases, including the PROMIS database. Provides ongoing support, including assisting with troubleshooting, identifying options and implementing appropriate action.
- Provide subject matter expertise for data analysis collaborate with Physician Division Head, PSM and other team members and promotes programs and/or policies.
- Plan, implement and evaluate appropriate training plans and develop, design and review appropriate training materials in collaboration with the PSM and or BCPRA.
- Assist users in defining, implementing and documenting changes in user processes that accompany the implementation of data management updates/changes
- Provide training and ongoing support to the Renal Program’s end users.
- Conduct need assessments and determine ongoing training for new and experienced users to ensure proficiency across VGH.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in designated area by keeping current of all data management changes, requirements and regulations that impact the Renal Program’s database systems, including the PROMIS database.
- Provide a variety of professional and administrative services for the Renal Program.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Health Care, Computer Science or Health Information Sciences discipline
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience, including renal program and/or database experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of database programs, including PROMIS.
- Advanced computer skills, including database development and navigation skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of PC Software programs, including statistical analysis.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and direction to staff and foster a respectful and motivating work environment where individual competencies can thrive.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and sensitivity working with complex, confidential and sensitive issues.
- Working knowledge of information security and confidentiality guidelines and policies such as the Freedom of Information Protection and Privacy Act.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend complex technical reporting concepts and then implement solutions to meet reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care system issues and functions.
- Ability to write training materials and modify based on learning outcomes and results.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and recognize when to escalate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Renal Program’s clinical environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.