|Job Title: ||Leader, End of Life, Palliative Approach to Care|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Hospital|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Leader, End of Life, Palliative Approach to Care with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Leader, End of Life, Palliative Approach to Care to join the End of Life Support team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Leader, End of Life, Palliative Approach to Care with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide leadership for the implementation of a palliative approach to care at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Be responsible and accountable for the planning and design required for initiating, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating the palliative approach to care work.
- Develop implementation plans and ensure that plans align with best practices.
- Assist with establishing organizational competencies including organizational awareness and promotion of palliative approach to care, effective and varying levels of staff education to facilitate appropriate confidence and competencies among staff and development of a standardized system for identifying and documenting clients who may benefit from a palliative approach to care.
- Work regionally to ensure consistency where appropriate in end of life priorities as well as assist each Community of Care (CoC) and Providence Healthcare as required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Social Work, business, or other health related discipline, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience in health care management and/or project management required. Formal training and/or significant experience in palliative care or related specialty preferred.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of health care policies, procedures, regulations and legislative environment.
- Demonstrated business and political acumen to lead organization and program change initiatives; possesses health environment and political awareness.
- Ability to inspire others and promote innovation.
- Ability to lead with integrity and trust, build effective teams and foster potential of team members.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others both within and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated customer focus and ability to engage stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a highly dynamic environment subject to continuous change.
- Demonstrated project planning and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of professional education.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of office software applications as effective tools to achieve results.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.