|Job Title: ||Project Manager I|
|Work Site: ||Richmond Hospital|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Project Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Manager to join the Project Management team. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Project Director or Steering Committee, the Project Manager leads and coordinates all aspects of assigned projects for designated programs/services within a Community of Care (CoC) and/or throughout Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). The Project Manager, ensures that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan. Projects may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes. Communicates with all levels of staff and management within the CoC and/or across VCH to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information. Liaises with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
As a Project Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Establish detailed project charter, plans, and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables.
- Execute project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components
- Facilitate consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Track project progress according to project plan, monitors and reports on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered.
- Make recommendations regarding projects scope changes.
- Implement and/or contribute to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Participate in development and monitoring of project budgets and thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Maintain ongoing support for initiatives from project sponsors and user groups and ensures effective communication channels are in place.
- Participate in establishment of project team by gathering input from stakeholders, identifying needs and skills required, making staffing recommendations and/or decisions.
- May provide leadership and direction to project team members, conveys policies and priorities, coordinates work and ensures issues are resolved or escalated to ensure project deliverables and
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable. Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Effectively monitors budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.