|Job Title: ||Program Manager, Emergency Department and Trauma Services, LGH|
|Work Site: ||Lions Gate Hospital - NS|
Regular Full Time
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Program Manager, Emergency Department and Trauma Services with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Director, the Program Manager of Emergency Department and Trauma Services you will be responsible for the daily operations of dynamic and challenging Emergency Department within Vancouver Coastal Health. The LGH Emergency Department services the entire North Shore community – including North Vancouver City, the District and West Vancouver. The Program Manager will manage the Emergency Department day to day and is responsible for supporting and coordinating business and operational process improvement for the Department.
As a Program Manager of Emergency Department and Trauma Services with Vancouver Coastal Health, you will:
- Manage this busy Emergency Department seeing over 65,000 visits per annum – which overages over 175 patient seen per day.
- Provide exceptional services, which includes the following areas: trauma, stroke, pediatrics, maternity/obstetrics, mental health, oncology surgery and medicine.
- Will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for the operations management, utilization and risk management, and quality improvement of the emergency department and trauma services program
- Will play a critical role in linking this portfolio with community health services to address the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families and to ensure a smooth transition from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services.
- Lead an inter-disciplinary team, this individual will work as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centered care, education and research within a complex multi-site environment that extends to the community.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses
- Seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and/or database programs and ability to utilize a computerized patient care information system required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand available resources for program/unit and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, collaborate and negotiate for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to promote development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Why Join Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH):
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.