|Job Title: ||Educator - Mental Health and Substance Use|
|Work Site: ||ACT Advanced Practice, Vancouver General Hospital|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately August 2022
|Salary: ||$38.40 - $48.01 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Mental Health & Substance Use Educator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinician with a Master's Degree in a mental health related field to join the team at Vancouver General Hospital as an Educator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Mental Health & Substance Use Educator at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide clinical education services including individual and group learning assessments, developing, implementing and evaluating clinical education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge of Mental Health and Addictions, as well as teaching and learning principles and processes.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with program and team members as well as other Educators, in promotion of continuous quality improvement, resolution of clinical education issues, and coordination of activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs; take corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a related, regulated health science discipline.
- Three (3) years’ recent, related mental health and addictions experience including one (1) year’s experience developing, implementing and/or delivering education services, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Drivers License.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Trauma-Informed Practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Harm Reduction.
- Broad knowledge of the application of a Strengths-Based approach in MH and SU.
- Broad knowledge of evidence-based practice in psychology as it relates to MH & SU.
- Broad knowledge of therapeutic counselling theories, principles, and approaches.
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, objectives, methods, techniques of education relevant to mental health care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and lead/coach.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in approach to teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Communicates effectively and in a culturally safe manner with client, caregivers and health care team, either one-on-one or in-groups.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member, leader, and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in techniques appropriate to designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.