|Job Title: ||Administrative Associate/Business Support|
|Work Site: ||Cedar Gardens|
Temporary Full Time
August 2021 to approximately August 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as an Administrative Associate/Business Support with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Administrative Associate/Business Support to join the Cedar Garden Assisted Living Admin team. Apply today to join our team!
As an Administrative Associate/Business Support with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Director/Manager.
- Provide recruitment/hiring, staffing, human resources, administrative and systems support for the designated programs/site and in support of the Manager to assist in the achievement of effective client care.
- Act as a point of contact and liaises with Employee Engagement and other corporate areas to receive/convey information and represent the interests of the team.
- Provide support to team on hiring, human resources, financial and service related issues, policies and procedures; completes and processes human resources and payroll transactions on behalf of Director/Manager; and ensures consistent application of directives from Employee Engagement, Finance or other corporate service areas.
- Triage sensitive and confidential information; conducts research and analytical studies, produces high quality reports, correspondence and presentation materials; manages complex networks of contacts and meeting issues; and assists with project management.
- May provide guidance and work direction to clerical support staff.
- Advise manager of employee attendance problems.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a minimum two-year diploma program in business administration or a related field
- Three (3) years of recent, related experience including one year’s related human resources, or finance experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources principles and practices and relevant collective agreements.
- Employs advanced expertise in the use of current computer applications including advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to create and maintain a variety of databases, documents and reports.
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact, discretion and accuracy in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrates creativity, resourcefulness and an excellent customer service in a team setting.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) and uses strong persuasion abilities to represent needs of management team.
- Applies and explains policies and procedures and performs detailed analyses of complex reports.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills when providing direction, guidance and training to new and existing team members, ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities, adherence to standards of quality and effective and timely service.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Employs expertise in the use of desktop computer applications and computer systems to record data, process transactions and complete a variety of documents and presentations.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately August 2022.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.