|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) & Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN)|
|Work Site: ||Various work sites within Vancouver Coastal Health|
|Status: ||Various statuses available (i.e. Regular/Temporary/Casual, Full-time/Part-Time)|
|Start Date: ||As soon as possible|
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
|Hours: ||Various shifts - days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays|
Vancouver Coastal Health is hiring RNs and RPNs into a variety of units and sites. Apply today and one of our Recruitment Advisors will be in contact regarding nursing opportunities in a variety of units, including:
- Acute Care for Elders (ACE)
- Acute Medicine
- Acute Spinal Unit
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Cardiac Care
- Complex Activation Medical Unit (CAMU)
- General Medicine/Surgery
- Hospitalist Medicine Unit
- Long Term Care
- Mental Health & Substance Use
- Operating Room
- Orthopaedics & Trauma
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Palliative Care
- and more!
As a Registered Nurse / Registered Psychiatric Nurse you will:
- Provide nursing care to assigned clients both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program in Nursing.
- Current (or eligibility for) Provisional or Practising registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM).
- For Mental Health & Substance Use nursing positions, a minimum 6 week or 240 hours of clinical practicum/preceptorship in a mental health setting supplemented by completion of coursework in mental health or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM’s standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to model and mentor new staff and students.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.