|Job Title: ||Manager, Mental Health & Addictions|
|Work Site: ||Mental Health / Substance Use|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Manager, Mental Health & Addictions with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Manager, Mental Health & Addictions to join the Mental Health & Substance Use Team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Manager, Mental Health & Addictions with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Director, Mental Health & Addictions.
- Be responsible for the delivery of effective and efficient mental health & addiction services for the Health Services Delivery Area (HSDA).
- Provide leadership and direction for operations management, planning, implementation and evaluation of mental health and/or addiction services and activities related to utilization and risk management, and quality of the service.
- Play a critical role in addressing the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families and ensures a smooth transition from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services.
- Lead an inter-disciplinary team and works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centered care, education and research.
- Have primary interactions and communications are with other Managers, Directors, physicians within the HSDA and Vancouver Coastal Health, the Executive Directors of contacted agencies, leads of medical program and transition teams, the HSDA Senior Management Team, and community and health authority partners such as municipal government, provincial ministries, schools, police, and emergency services.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant health care profession
- Five (5) to Seven (7) year’s recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience in a mental health & addictions service setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional organization.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, email applications, spreadsheets, and/or database programs.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Exhibits comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of relevant departmental polices provincial and municipal legislative requirements and other programs and processes related to the application of mental health and addiction services.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate programs/services considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for program/services and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships and supports the ongoing development of staff.
- Utilizes knowledge of project management principles and techniques in a multi-site health care environment.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.