|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Endoscopy|
|Work Site: |
Endoscopy Clinic, Vancouver General Hospital
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Various
Come work as an Registered Nurse in Endoscopy at Vancouver General Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join its team in the Endoscopy Clinics at UBC Hospital and Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team! As a Registered Nurse in Endoscopy at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide nursing services within endoscopy clinics to ambulatory clients requiring diagnostic endoscopic procedures and to critically ill clients requiring therapeutic endoscopic procedures.
- Assist the physician during procedure and perform direct nursing care as appropriate to ensure the comfort and safety of clients undergoing procedures.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Prepare for and respond to fluctuating workloads, unexpected critical situations, and the requirement to be on-call as required.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers as well as with other endoscopy clinic team members.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years recent, related endoscopy or acute medical/surgical or critical care experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of Gastrointestinal (GI) anatomy and physiology.
- Broad knowledge of pharmacology, and client physiological reactions, related to conscious sedation.
- Broad knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in an endoscopy environment.
- Demonstrated ability in the initiation and management of IV therapy and administration of IV medications.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses during procedure and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care workers.
- Demonstrated skill in procedural sedation and analgesia.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of and set up of endoscopy equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload in a fast paced, high volume procedure environment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.