|Job Title: ||Manager, Residential Care/Services|
|Work Site: ||Dogwood Lodge|
Regular Full Time
Days off: Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Manager, Residential Care/Services with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Manager, Residential Care/Services to join the team at Dogwood Lodge. Apply today to join our team!
As a Manager, Residential Care/Services with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Director.
- Be accountable for the effective and efficient functioning of the program and for providing leadership and direction to management of program operations and utilization, risk and quality improvement activities.
- Lead an inter-disciplinary team and works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers.
- Achieve excellence in client and family centred care and education within a complex health care environment.
- Manage staff and foster a healthy, collaborative labour relations culture in an environment with multiple collective agreements.
- Design and implement methods for community involvement by building community capacity and utilizing development strategies.
- Support health service providers to work as teams that respect and value the contributions of each other and encourage innovation and excellence.
- Provide leadership to clinical and non-clinical health care/service providers working in the program area.
- Collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Interact with Program Managers, Finance and Maintenance staff and Managers, Volunteers, Support Service Managers, Community Case Managers and other corporate services.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Baccalaureate (Masters preferred) in a relevant health care profession
- Five (5) to seven (7) year’s recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional organization.
- Basic computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheets, database programs and email as well as the ability to utilize a patient care information system.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate programs considering current and future client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential.
- Exhibits comprehensive knowledge and skillful application of departmental policies, legislative requirements and other standards/processes relevant to residential care and related programs.
- Employs excellent verbal and written communication skills to transfer and receive information to ensure clarity of the message.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for the program, keeping quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions.
- Utilizes skills in analysis and evaluation for developing reliable outcome information to support appropriate resource allocation.
- Utilizes project management and change management principles and techniques to successfully implement a change initiative.
- Utilizes effective facilitation skills to collaboratively negotiate resolution to complex human resources and other issues.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.