|Job Title: ||Leader (Senior Manager), Contracts Advisory Services|
|Work Site: ||Exec - 601 W. Broadway, 11 flr|
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Leader (Senior Manager), Contracts Advisory Services with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Leader (Senior Manager), Contracts Advisory Services to join the team at the Contract Management Office. This is a senior position where they will have a Contracts Manager and five Contract Advisors reporting into them. Apply today to join our team!
As a Leader (Senior Manager), Contracts Advisory Services with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for the overall management of all service contracts advisory across the health authority, through the Contracts Advisors for the designated Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Communities of Care (CoC).
- Provide advisory for multi-million dollar contracts across the Mental Health Housing, Group Home, Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) beds, and Residential Services portfolios.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and make recommendations for mitigation of variances in service delivery and funding of all CoC contracted service partners.
- Lead and performance manage direct reports (Contracts Manager and Contracts Advisors)
- Provide leadership in the delivery of client care with a focus on coordination and integration of contracted services across the CoC.
- Partner with VCH and CoC Financial Planning, and VCH Legal to ensure negotiated financial and service arrangements are in line with organizational standards, practices, guidelines and budgetary constraints.
- Lead or participate in identified contract management projects, propose new initiatives, liaise with other VCH programs, and manage stakeholder engagement, communications and quality improvement activities.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field, supplemented by seven to ten (7 to 10) years' recent, related experience managing clinical services contracts or a combination of education, training and experience.
- Formal Project Management training is an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract management, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of contract law, bid processes, and contract negotiations.
- Extensive experience in effectively and successfully managing service provider relationships.
- Extensive experience in managing projects to achieve results.
- Broad knowledge of the BC Health Care Industry environment.
- Effective leadership and communication skills to foster a respectful and motivating environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.