|Job Title: ||Radiological Technologist 4, Supervisor - Mammography|
|Work Site: ||Breast Health Program, BC Women's Hospital - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$35.71 - $44.63 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Radiological Technologist Supervisor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Radiological Technologist Supervisor to join the Breast Health program team at BC Women's Hospital in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Radiological Technologist Supervisor with VCH you will:
- Work in a team based environment and be responsible for the supervision and coordination of technical and staffing activities of assigned area.
- Oversee the quality of technical work performed, participate in recruitment and performance management and coach and orientate team members.
- Update and standardize policy and procedure manuals, compile financial and statistical reports and respond to enquiries. Facilitate and coordinate research and development projects, participate in the management of computerized information systems and maintain the inventory of supplies.
- Perform technical/special procedures when required.
- Supervise at least one (1) other Radiological Technologist who also performs special procedures/techniques and a staff of up to and including five (5) FTEs or supervise at least one (1) other Radiological Technologist and a total staff of more than four (4) up to and including thirteen (13) FTE.
Education & Experience
Certification with the CAMRT.
Successful completion of CAMRT/BCIT Certificate in Breast Imaging or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
A minimum of four (4) years' recent, related experience, including one (1) year’s supervisory and leadership experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Imaging theory and practice within a client and family centred care model.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with radiology equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Hospital and Radiology Information Systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research processes and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective leader, motivator, facilitator, and team member.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate, coach and mentor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to develop procedure protocols and manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a culture of enquiry and evidence based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to develop project plans and implement new projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to area of specialty and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.