|Job Title: ||Aboriginal Patient Navigator|
|Work Site: ||Aboriginal Health|
As soon as possible
Various Shift times
Come work as an Aboriginal Patient Navigator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Aboriginal Patient Navigator to join the Aboriginal Health Patient Experience team at Aboriginal Health. Apply today to join our team!
As an Aboriginal Patient Navigator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Regional Director, Aboriginal Health
- Be accountable for providing day-to-day health sector navigation support to Aboriginal clients, and their families, of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). Liaises on behalf of clients with medical professionals and other health care providers to ensure their successful access to primary care and community-based health care services.
- Be responsible for the facilitation of patient care, and the informing of program development, planning and evaluation of services for Aboriginal clients.
- Hold key partnerships with the Aboriginal Health Team, VCH medical and health care providers and leadership.
- Liaise with a variety of Aboriginal community based agencies.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in health care, Social Work, Nursing or related discipline
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ recent, related experience working with Aboriginal communities in British Columbia.
- Preference will be given to candidates of Aboriginal ancestry.
- Valid BC Driver’s License as travel within the health authority is required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of community-based Aboriginal organizations in British Columbia.
- Extensive knowledge of health issues impacting Aboriginal communities.
- Broad knowledge of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal services and resources currently available within Vancouver Coastal Health’s (VCH’s) Health Services Delivery Areas (HSDA’s) for Aboriginal clients in need of health and social supports.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with cultural issues sensitively.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated intermediate skill with operating wordprocessing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- This Role Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.