|Job Title: ||Nurse (RPN/RN) - Primary Care Team/Integrated Care Team - DTES|
|Work Site:||Primary Care Team, Raven Song Community Health Centre - Downtown Eastside (DTES) - Vancouver, BC |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Integrated Care Team at the Raven Song Community Health Centre in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse with VCH, you will:
- Work collaboratively to coordinate and develop a plan of care within a team-based and interdisciplinary care team model that includes Primary Care, Mental Health and Substance Use, Home Health and other community partners.
- Care for clients and families who are experiencing health challenges such as, but not limited to, chronic disease and mental health and substance use and who are adversely affected by the social determinants of health to establish and coordinate a plan of care and support a transition between services.
- Use health interventions and/or self-management principles to conduct physical and mental health assessments, identify problems and address issues or variances from the plan of care, in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and any other health care services.
- Act as a resource to the team by providing information and nursing support based on nursing theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Provide direct care activities within the clinic or on outreach/home based visits by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care as part of their team and collaboratively with other partners.
- Establish, maintain and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
Education & Experience
Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Two (2) years’ recent related experience providing care through a holistic mental health, substance use and primary care lens or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes, as required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community nursing theory and practice within a client family-centred model of care.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing with a variety of situations and responsibilities requiring initiative, creativity and professional judgment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of a client and family centered recovery model in mental health and substance use.
- Ability to assess clients at risk and knowledge of appropriate acts; e.g. Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship, Public Health Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Broad knowledge of crisis intervention and supportive counseling skills.
- Broad knowledge of mental health and treatment.
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology
- Broad knowledge of substance abuse and addictions treatment.
- Broad knowledge of other facilities and community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct mental status exams and suicide risk assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to care plan and develop supportive counseling, crisis intervention and care coordination.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians and other health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and leads to a cooperative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust schedule to deal with unexpected situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.