|Job Title: ||Community Liaison Worker - Integrated Care Team|
|Work Site: ||Primary Care, Three Bridges Community Health Centre, Downtown Eastside (DTES) - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.5 FTE)|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$26.42 - $28.63 per hour|
Days off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Community Liaison Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a graduate of a Health Care Worker program to join our Integrated Care Team in the Downtown Eastside working out of the Three Bridges Community Health Centre as a Community Liaison Worker. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Liaison Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health, you will:
- Provide support services to clients who have mental health and substance misuse/addiction issues.
- Work across multiple sites, clinics and services within an integrated health service delivery model and interdisciplinary care team that includes primary care, mental health and substance use, private General Practitioner (GP) partners and other Community Care Services.
- Monitor clients, documents and provides verbal reports on observations in accordance with standard procedures or specific direction.
- Facilitate the use of community services/resources and provides information on community services.
- Liais and coordinate services with mental health, addictions and other medical professionals.
- Plan, organize, facilitate and co-lead groups as required, participates in the process of case planning, assists clients with the activities of daily living including maintaining personal hygiene and appearance, safety, shopping, budgeting and escorts clients to appointments.
- Act as an advocate for clients and acts as a resource for the DTES integrated team by providing information/support related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Establish, maintain and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
Education & Experience
- Certificate from a recognized Health Care Worker program such as Community Health Worker Program.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience supporting clients through a holistic mental health, substance use and primary care lens, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. Driver's license and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes, as required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of community, social and health resources.
- Ability to keyboard 5000 keystrokes per hour.
- Knowledge of substance misuse and of problems encountered by chemically dependent individuals; basic understanding of behavior management.
- Knowledge and experience in providing culturally safe and competent care, specifically pertaining to Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Knowledge of mental health issues and treatment.
- Knowledge of appropriate acts ie Mental Health Act, Adult Guardianship, Public Health Act as it relates to the rights and obligations of clients and staff.
- Knowledge of community, social and mental health resources in the DTES.
- Ability to demonstrate and assist client with activities of daily living.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict situations, manage aggressive behaviour, and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioural management techniques.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public and other employees, to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to operate related equipment including applicable software applications.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.