|Job Title: ||CST Clinical Informatics Specialist|
|Work Site: ||CST - 590 W. 8th|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible, until May 2022
0830 - 1630
Shifts may include 24hr support, some weekends, on call rotations
Come work as a Clinical Informatics Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Informatics Speciaclist to join the team at Clinical Systems Transformation. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Informatics Specialist with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Report to the Clinical Informatics Director, the Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Clinical Informatics Specialist bridges the gap between clinical care and technology to articulate clinical requirements, leading the business analysis for transitioning from current to future state work design.
- Work with Clinical Informatics Director to develop the clinical content strategy and framework to ensure required configurations of content are in place to enable end user to complete evidence-based/best practice clinical workflows appropriately within the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Identify and link appropriate health organization clinical stakeholders and subject matter experts as part of the informatics design and sustainment planning, ensuring regulatory requirements and practice guidelines are followed.
- In collaboration with the Service Provider, the Clinical Informatics Specialist shares the vision of ensuring clinical process is the foundation for all phases of the CST project.
- Work to enhance integration of health services and care practices through the intentional design of clinical content.
About the The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master’s preferred in Nursing or a Health Sciences Profession
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in health informatics with previous clinical systems go-live experience in a large health care organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Basic understanding of data, clinical information and how these are operationalized within the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to create knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the provision of evidence-based practice in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated experience with functional requirement assessment.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of clinical process, clinical services delivery and patient/client satisfaction determinants across the organizations.
- Uses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to share information, and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to arrive at best overall solution.
- Uses effective leadership, facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute plans and ensure timelines are met while working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Exercises initiative, self-direction and problem solving abilities to identity gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains a strong sense of ownership and a results-oriented attitude to continually improve processes, enhance efficiency and contribute to overall clinical and organizational success.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to travel.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately May 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.