|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehabilitation - Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)|
|Work Site: ||Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Nursing Inpatient Unit, GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time (0.5 FTE)|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately January 2022
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Rehabilitation with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team at GF Strong. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse focused in Rehabilitation you will:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient/client care for the designated rehabilitation patient/client group.
- Participate in discharge planning, function as a patient/client advocate and teach patient/client and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance the quality of life of the patient/client/family.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year of medical/surgical experience in the care and treatment of patients with conditions such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, burns or other related injuries.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group - rehabilitation patients/clients.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnosis/surgeries and specific clinical situations related area of practice (e.g. disabling injuries or disabilities as a result of traumatic or non-traumatic orthopedic/ortho or neurological injuries.
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing assessments and interventions related to common diagnosis and specific clinical situations relevant to designated patient/client group (e.g. wound care, respiratory depression/failure, sepsis; deep vein thrombosis/pulmonary embolus, UTIs, autonomic dysreflexia; cardiac/respiratory arrest)
- Demonstrated ability to perform focused secondary assessments, integrate information from a variety of sources including diagnostics, and develop plan of care relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and respond to potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated patient/client group.
- Demonstrated ability in correct usage of equipment and maintains competency in working with assistive devices and technology such as mobility aids including manual and power chairs, ceiling and floor based lifts, specialty beds and mattresses, Alaris pumps, Oxygen delivery equipment, catheters, trachs, feeding tubes and suctions.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in the management of patients with acute or chronic pain/discomfort; analgesics; addictions/withdrawal issues; and cognition, comprehension, and sensory deficits. Utilizes the Pain Assessment Record to perform comprehensive pain assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in safe care & management of complex wound/ostomy care, catheterization, gastrointestinal tubes/drains, and pharmacological agents.
- Demonstrated skill in performing RN autonomous scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated patient/client group including IV, infection control, isolation protocols, etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.