|Job Title: ||Nurse Case Manager (RN/RPN)|
|Work Site: ||Long Term Care, Richmond Continuing Health Services - Richmond, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Nurse Case Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Long Term Care team in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Case Manager, you will:
- Manage a select population of eligible clients who are chronically ill or have long term physical disabilities.
- Use chronic disease management and self-care management principles to conduct assessments, identify problems, address issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the appropriate physician, interdisciplinary team member and/or community agency.
- Provide continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with interdisciplinary team members, coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition.
- Act as a clinical resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information based on nursing theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years’ recent related experience in case management working with geriatric clients/adults with chronic, acute illness and/or acquired brain injuries or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply intensive case management principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply chronic disease management and health promotion principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of case management practice within a client and family/care giver centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment and chronic disease management.
- Demonstrated competency in psychomotor skills required within the designated scope of nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care for a caseload of clients.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health and community resources related to the care of clients and care givers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use research and methodology in practice.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating groups that include professionals/clients and or clients/family/care giver members.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, coach and facilitate clients and families/care givers individually or in group settings.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families/care givers, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of supplies and materials utilized in the provision of community based nursing service.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system and email system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.