|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2 - Master's Degree|
|Work Site: ||Social Work, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately October 2021
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide social work assessments and services using current theory and evidence based practice.
- Work in a team based environment and will be required to utilize theory and knowledge of content area as well as learning principles and processes to support the Practice Coordinator and participate in program development and evaluation, focusing on education services and research activities.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with program and team members as well as with the Practice Coordinator in promotion of continuous quality improvement, implementation of interdisciplinary research, and in coordinating activities required for progressive educational and clinical practice programs.
- Facilitate staffing and scheduling activities for the designated client care area by working with the Operations Manager, Practice Coordinator and clerical support staff, and making recommendations for temporary adjustments in clinical assignments based on shifts without backfill and short call and booked leave needs.
Education & Experience
Master of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work and one (1) year post Bachelor of Social Work experience in a health care setting.
Additional three (3) years of recent related experience, relevant to the designated clinical area, including one (1) year related mentoring, preceptoring, coaching and /or group facilitation experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it related to social work process.
- Broad knowledge of family, group and change therapy.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence based practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of counselling skills and clinical practice models of the designated patient/client population.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, resource, motivator and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate techniques and facilitate learning.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and empower clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in approach to teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and patients/clients and their families, either one-on-one and in-groups.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Skill in the use of equipment and in techniques appropriate to designated clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet and database skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.