|Job Title: ||Case Manager (RN) - Facility/Priority Access Liaison|
Priority Access Team, 520 West 6th Ave - Vancouver, BC
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Come work as a Case Manager - Facility/Priority Access Liaison with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Priority Access team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Case Manager - Facility/Priority Access Liaison with Vancouver Coastal Health, you will:
- Facilitate the placement of clients who meet the criteria required for Priority Access registration into residential care, hospice/palliative care, assisted living or supportive housing for person’s with disabilities.
- Assess physical, emotional, environmental and learning needs of clients, prioritizes referrals and screens clients for eligibility to continuing care services; reviews the need for, and organizes the transfer of, residents inter-and intraregionally.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, hospital staff and care/service providers to ensure appropriate and timely placements and to achieve excellence in health services and education.
- Act independently, within the framework of regulations, in assessing situations using referral resources and arranging for on-going care.
- In conjunction with the interdisciplinary team, develop and implement care plans, participate in inter-agency case management and ensure the appropriate placement and level of care for clients.
- Identify/assess potential legal, ethical and professional implications of decisions.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Training in community health nursing and a minimum of three (3) years’ recent experience in community health nursing, including experience in case management or Home Care community nursing or nursing employment in intermediate or extended care and out-patient clinical settings or geriatric assessment centres or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid British Columbia Driver’s License. Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the BBC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the geriatric population and associated psychosocial issues related to this population.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current long term care service delivery system.
- Demonstrated understanding of the broad determinants of health.
- Demonstrated knowledge of provincial legislation, standards and policies and health authority standards and policies related to Residential Care Access Policy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilities and hospital policies, including discharge processes and Alternate Level of Care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health agencies/resources and available services.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care and other health and community resources related to the care of clients and caregivers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution techniques.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize work, applying time management skills to schedule activities and complete assignments under deadlines in a manner that optimizes effectiveness and adapts to changes in workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain effective working relationships within an inter-disciplinary service delivery model and with a variety of internal/external contacts, including physician and other acute care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others tactfully, effectively and respectfully.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to apply acquired analytical/investigative skills and the knowledge to effectively gather, maintain and analyze statistics.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment and by applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer applications necessary for completing day-to-day functions and maintaining client records and ability to operate other related equipment.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.