|Job Title: ||Social Worker 2|
|Work Site: ||Intensive Housing Outreach Team, Mental Health Services - Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker with a Master's Degree to join the Intensive Housing Outreach Team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide clinical and consultative social work services to individuals with chronic health issues, mental health issues, poverty, victims of violence.
- Perform professional social work services such as conducting comprehensive social and psycho-social assessments, preparing comprehensive case histories, providing psycho-education and interventions, establishing, maintaining and enhancing therapeutic relationships, evaluating clients’ response to treatment plan, and coordinating individualized goal-oriented treatment.
- Develop and enhance community communications/relationships, provide consultation services, engage in on-going team planning, development, evaluation and quality improvement activities to achieve excellence in client care.
About the Integrated Housing and Outreach Team (IHOT)
The Integrated Housing and Outreach Team (IHOT) focuses on connecting previously homeless/recently housed clients with primary care, mental health and addiction services, as well as supporting them with opiate replacement therapy. For example: those who had been living in Oppenheimer Park and are now housed in temporary housing.
Education & Experience
- Masters of Social Work from an accredited university plus two (2) years’ recent related experience working with individuals with mental health issues in a health care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle, mileage reimbursed.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to apply case management principles.
- Broad knowledge of case management and practice within a client and family centred care model for clients with complex health care needs.
- Broad knowledge of mental illness issues and care.
- Broad knowledge of psychotherapeutic, counseling skills and clinical practice models..
- Broad knowledge of psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects).
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Broad knowledge of legislation and government policies and procedures that relate to the client.
- Demonstrated ability to apply systems theory to practice in Social Work assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct social and psychosocial assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and influence group and inter-group processes, decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients and families in order to explore issues that are beyond the initial presented concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes communication and lead to a co-operative approach to problem solving within a multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate and coach clients and co-workers both one-on-one and in groups
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with conflict situations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, and in the techniques appropriate for treatment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.