|Job Title: ||Clinical Coordinator (RN) - Community - COVID-19 Vaccinations|
|Work Site: ||COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign, Various North Shore Clinic Locations - North & West Vancouver, BC|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$43.09 - $52.82 per hour|
Come work as a Clinical Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Registered Nurses to join the COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign on the North Shore as Clinical Coordinators. These leadership positions will support the Vaccine Clinics in North & West Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Coordinator with VCH, you will:
- Provide leadership, supervision and guidance to designated staff and coordinate work activities to ensure an efficient and high standard of care and effective utilization of client care resources to meet operational needs.
- Facilitate successful resolution to customer service/client relations issues.
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace for clients and staff.
- Provide clinical leadership and supervision to designated staff to achieve excellence in client care.
- Act as a clinical resource for staff, support staff training and development and promote education and research.
- Assist Manager with performing administrative duties and coordinate staffing and scheduling.
- Provide input into proposals, budget policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with leadership team and other health care providers, strive to achieve excellence in client and family centered care and enhancement in quality of life.
Education & Experience
Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Three (3) year’s recent clinical experience in the community that is relevant to the specific clinical area of employment and one (1) years' recent supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of clinical practice related to care management, interventions and care of the designated client populations and the ability to integrate this knowledge within the interprofessional team and community agencies.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client population(s).
- Knowledge of provincial acts, regulations and program policies and guidelines related to community care.
- Knowledge of community resources and other related health services available for client/family support.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of community and regional initiatives that may impact client care, resource access or practice guidelines in local setting.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, supervision and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interprofessional team.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work and analyze and problem-solve issues/problems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution and reconciliation approaches and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies/protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with staff, clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programs and materials for staff/patients/clients and families based on educations theories, principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of basic research, e.g. research ethics, research question, hypothesis and qualitative and quantitative data analyses methods.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to designated area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.