|Job Title: ||Recruitment Advisor|
|Work Site: ||Recruitment Services - 620 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately January 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
COME JOIN OUR RECRUITMENT TEAM!
We're looking for a Recruitment Advisor to join our high performance Recruitment Services team. We currently have Temporary Full Time opportunities available!
For the experienced Recruitment professional this is the opportunity to leverage your education and experience and bring your ideas to support recruitment at one of the largest employers in Vancouver, not to mention one of the best teams in the business.
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to work with a team that understands “what it takes” to deliver both high volume and high value recruitment, then this opportunity should definitely be of interest to you.
- Own and deliver recruitment services for a defined portfolio within Vancouver Coastal Health
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s recruitment needs
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the province’s healthcare sector and recruitment market
- Source, screen and qualify eligible candidates through networking, cold calling, social media, job fairs and various advertising methods
- Pre-screen candidates against specific role criteria (qualifications and fit) for presentation to Hiring Manager(s), support the interview and reference process and perform related hire and post-hire functions to ensure a successful match
- Research, recommend and evaluate advertising strategies with a view towards new and creative avenues that maximize exposure of VCH’s website and employer branding
- Provide expertise on the development of interview questions utilizing various behavioural, situational and competency questions, as appropriate
- Promote the VCH brand though the provision of effective and professional recruitment services to external candidates and organizations as well as through the use of social media and networking opportunities
- Maintain effective working relationships with representatives from academic institutions, professional associations and other organizations and maintain an up-to-date directory of eligible candidates
- Actively participate in team projects geared at optimizing processes and increasing stakeholder experience
In addition to internal and external stakeholders, you'll also work with a passionate and supportive team of recruitment professionals who are collaborative, fun and take the time to celebrate our "wins"!
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Commerce (with a concentration in Human Resources) coupled with three (3) to five (5) years’ recruiting experience within a recruitment firm/agency or in a similar in-house recruitment role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience recruiting in both the private and public sector is an asset
- Experience recruitment within the Healthcare sector is an asset
- Computer literacy with word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs, (MS Word, Excel, Access) as well as experience with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Extensive knowledge of human resources and recruitment principles and practices
- A proactive approach to task delivery coupled with excellent relationship building with both internal and external clients
- A deep understanding of the importance of strong client service, high quality work, and honouring deadlines
- Extensive experience using ATS Systems, LinkedIn Recruiter, recruitment search methods, and social media
- Strong ability to effectively manage time and prioritize between several different searches at various stages simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to interact clearly and confidently with internal and external stakeholders and the public
- Strong technical skills in the use of desktop computer applications (documents, spreadsheets, databases)
- A diligent approach to work and care when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and information coupled with the ability to manage confidential information
- A strong sense of urgency coupled with excellent facilitation and influencing skills
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.