|Job Title: ||Project Coordinator|
|Work Site: ||VGH 12th & Oak|
Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible, until approximately December 2022
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Project Coordinator Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Coordinator to join the Clinical Education team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Project Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide analytical expertise in the financial and technical review, evaluation and maintenance of the project documentation, project management tools and executive reports for their specific Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) projects, allowing for effective risk management.
- Perform analysis on and documentation of the project(s) initiated by the organization to provide validation to ensure organization-wide and departmental objectives are met.
- Support VCH by ensuring the various internal and external stakeholders involved maintain a supportive and mutually beneficial working relationship.
- Work in collaboration with both the project team and the end-user department(s) on capital and operational projects.
- Gather information and evaluate interdependencies and their associated risk to the respective project(s) and to the organization through interaction with external consultants and the other health authorities.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or in a field related to the specific project(s)
- Minimum of three (3) years’ recent, related financial analysis and planning experience in a large, complex service organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in three distinct areas must be exhibited: financial analysis, project planning/management and technical expertise relating to the specific project(s).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive technical expertise, project/process management, financial analytical skills and business acumen.
- Effectively and accurately responds to the needs of stakeholders and is acutely aware of the impact of decisions and actions on the organization and various stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as facilitation skills to work effectively in a team setting and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to identify issues, and to develop and analyze solutions to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to prepare reports and presentations.
- Results-oriented within a high-pressure working environment with numerous critical timelines.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately December 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.