|Job Title: ||Anesthesia Assistant - Working Without General Supervision|
|Work Site: ||Operating Rooms, Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time - Vacation Relief (0.5 FTE)|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as an Anesthesia Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an Anesthesia Assistant to join the team at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As an Anesthesia Assistant with VCH you will:
- Work without general supervision (i.e. having no practical access to a Clinical Supervisor in own discipline for the majority of designated shift) to provide technical support and clinical assistance with induction, maintenance and recovery phases of anesthesia by working both under the direct clinical supervision of the Anesthesiologist and as a member of an integrated surgical team.
- Assist the Anesthesiologist in developing and implementing the anesthesia care plan and monitor physiological responses of patients to the induction of anesthesia during surgery.
- Ensure effective and safe patient care.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in anesthesiology assistant practice.
- Operate, prepare and maintain anaesthesiology equipment.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized Anesthesia Assistant Program plus current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Anesthesiologists' Society (CAS).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of current anesthesia assistant theory and practice within a client/family centered model for care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the CAS clinical practice guidelines for Anesthesia Assistants.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use departmental and hospital policy and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload prioritizes in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized patient care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.