|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care|
|Work Site: ||Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Lions Gate Hospital - North Vancouver, BC|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible until approximately December 2021
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Intensive Care Unit at Lions Gate Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Intensitve Care Unit at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As an RN in Critical Care with VCH you will:
- Provide nursing care to high risk critically ill clients with unpredictable outcomes attached to life-support equipment, and/or clients in post-anaesthetic recovery.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or two years' recent, related critical care experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Thorough knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages, and side effects of anaesthetic and other drugs used in critical care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing problems commonly encountered in a critical care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the physiological and behavioural aspects of complex critical illnesses.
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to respond immediately and appropriately to sudden emergencies.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, and deal effectively with, clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing accurately, concisely, and clearly.
- Demonstrated ability to teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques
- Skill in techniques appropriate to a critical care environment.
- Skill in the use of critical care monitoring and support equipment.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.