|Job Title: ||Social Worker - Home Health - Master's Degree|
|Work Site: ||Long Term Care, Powell River Health Unit - Powell River, BC|
|Status: ||Regular Part Time (0.80 FTE)|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.99 - $46.27 per hour|
Days off: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Home Health team in Powell River, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning social work and other services for the client in an interprofessional team model in collaboration with the primary care provider, and other care providers.
- Assess service eligibility, facilitate the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan, deliver direct care, and provide care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community setting.
- Work in consultation with other system partners and incorporates current evidence into practice.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited University.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers (BCCSW).
- Recent, related experience in Home Health clinical practice in Community.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Social work theories and demonstrated ability to implement in practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the BCCSW standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution, mediation, and reconciliation approaches and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a variety of counselling skills when working with clients/families, and group situations, including assisting with behaviour change, transitions, and complex dynamics and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct psychosocial assessments.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of Provincial acts and regulations related to Home and Community Care, Adult Guardianship.
- Knowledge of a variety of adult health population groups including acute, chronic disease, palliative, young disabled.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of transitions through continuums of care.
- Knowledge of other health care professions and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, social justice concerns, and client advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a professional team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through verbal, nonverbal, written, electronic and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, facilitate and coach.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to employ teaching/learning strategies to transfer knowledge to engage clients/families in planning and self-management of care.
- Demonstrated ability to promote staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of policies or other protocols and ongoing professional development of self.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, trust and ethical relationships with clients/families, family care providers and other health care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of equipment and in the techniques appropriate to social work treatment.
- Ability to operate related equipment and current administrative and clinical computer applications.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.