|Job Title: ||Registered Nurse (RN) - Perinatal |
|Work Site: ||Perinatal Services, Richmond Hospital - Richmond, BC |
|Status: ||Regular Full Time|
|Start Date: |
As soon as possible
|Salary: ||$36.23 - $47.58 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Perinatal at Richmond Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join its Perinatal Services team at Richmond Hospital. Apply today!
As an RN in Perinatal Services at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Use appropriate clinical judgment to provide optimal perinatal care (Antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum) to women and babies and their families.
- Perform work including the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and appropriate documentation of care for assigned patients in the perinatal service.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to standards of professional nursing and patient care practice in accordance with Health Authority policies and procedures.
Education & Experience
- Graduate of an approved nursing program.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) and current National Registration in CPR and NRP required.
- Completion of a post-basic obstetrical/perinatal nursing certificate/diploma.
- Two (2) years’ recent related experience in a Level 2-3 Maternity Unit, supplemented by courses in fetal health assessment and breastfeeding or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families based on their priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques appropriate to the clinical area.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.