|Job Title: ||Business Development Advisor, VGH Emergency Department Living Lab|
|Work Site: ||VGH 12th & Oak|
|Status: ||Temporary Part Time|
Come work as a Business Development Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Business Development Advisor to join the team at the Vancouver General Hospital Emergency Department Living Lab. Apply today to join our team!
As a Business Development Advisor with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for developing and executing leading edge strategies for development and future growth of the ED Living Lab, identifying and supporting development of potential business partners, evaluating business synergies, and building and managing business relationships.
- Work within the framework and directions of the ED Living Lab, and in compliance with all relevant acts and regulations governing the delivery of health services in Canada and in a manner that maximizes opportunity and profitability.
- Brand and promote the ED Living Lab and work extensively to increase relationships with industry, government and investors to enhance the profile and commercialization efforts of the Living Lab.
- Aim to support the establishment of a Vancouver centre for the collaborative adoption of the best medical technologies for the benefit of patients and health systems in Canada and around the world. Collaborative adoption involves innovative collaboration between patients, researchers, clinicians, health administrators, governments and industry.
- Work in collaboration with ED Living Lab colleagues, support and clinical departments at VCH and Foundations, to pursue industry lab collaboration, and strategic partnership opportunities with vendors and private sector organizations to grow AI and virtual technologies within the clinical setting.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience:
- Master’s level education in business administration or a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ recent, related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience and proven success in business development management of both private sector and government business enterprises.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Utilizes sound business acumen to manage business development in a manner that is financially responsible and consistent with the overall goals of the organization.
- Acts with integrity and trust, builds a team environment and communicates clearly. Effectively negotiates and influences within a collaborative framework to engineer consensus in a highly complex environment of competing interests.
- Focuses on customers, engaging stakeholders, building consensus, assessing and anticipating future needs, identifying potential problems & proactively responding with innovative solutions.
- Thinks creatively to identify and attract new business opportunities within and compliant to legislative, regulatory and other legal requirements
- Prioritizes assignments, demonstrates accountability, and effectively executes within timelines; works well with others to identify and engage needed resources.
- Applies expert written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to all stakeholders and levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated comprehensive abilities to effective use of business and information applications, and to prepare exceptional reports (e.g. clarity, sensitively, accurately, timely, etc.)
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff – both current and prospective – have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Position end-date and FTE may be negotiable. There is also a possibility that this position will be extended or become permanent in the future.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.