|Job Title: ||Regional Leader, Regional Programs|
|Work Site: ||Goldcorp 2nd flr - Tertiary MH|
|Status: ||Temporary Full Time|
Are you the next Regional Leader for Regional Programs at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)? Apply today to join our team!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Leader to join the team. Apply today to join our team!
As the Regional Leader for Regional Programs you will be:
- Reporting jointly to the Regional Program Director and the Regional Program Medical Director
- Responsible for providing system-wide leadership in regional planning for the designated regional program(s) and related projects that will result in the enhanced quality of services, integration of services and clinical practice, improved patient/client satisfaction and cost-effective care for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), Providence Health Care and partner organizations.
- Acting as the strategic liaison between key stakeholders across the continuum of care, leading others toward the achievement of provincial and VCH program goals through effectively communicating the organizational vision, coordinating resources, advancing priorities, and promoting collaboration and commitment.
- Supporting work groups and committees and being the key point person for achieving integration of findings/recommendations.
- Primary contacts include Executive Sponsors, Regional Program leadership, Directors/Managers, Medical Staff, work group members, and committee members at all levels across the authority and in other partner organizations (e.g., other Health Authorities, the Ministry of Health and contract/affiliate agencies).
- Providing supervision, leadership, guidance, and support to designated staff as required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Public Health Administration or other relevant discipline, plus seven (7) to ten (10) years’ recent, related experience in progressively responsible positions in a large, complex acute care organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage large-scale project(s), or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven skills as an effective manager in an interdisciplinary matrix reporting environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Broad knowledge of clinical theory and practice within a client centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of health care disciplines and their role in their respective health care environments.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems efficiently and resourcefully.
- Exceptional analytical skills and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated organizational, administrative, facilitation and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communication effectively verbally and in writing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, budget and execute complex project(s) with stringent timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various word-processing, spreadsheet and database applications and to operate a computerized information software system.
- Knowledge of and experience working with LEAN methodologies preferred.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff – both current and prospective – have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.